Welcome to the ASPIRE International Youth Music Festival 2017 Application Section.
To apply to attend the 2017 International Youth Music Festival, please click on the following link.
For your convenience, we have outlined specification information which will assist when completing your online ASPIRE application form.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & INFORMATION
Every student participating in the festival is required to pay a $120 festival fee. A 50% first payment of AU$60 per student is payable at the time of acceptance (12 day payment terms). The remaining balance of AU$60 per student will be issued via invoice to each school on 1 May 2017 (12 day payment terms). N.B. For ensembles travelling inter-state or internationally, the festival fee is included in your Student Horizons Tour Package. For local Queensland schools entering the festival, a first invoice will automatically generate based on the total number of students you enter. If you are unsure of total numbers for 2017, please estimate based on current numbers. The final invoice will then adjust to reflect any changes to final numbers based on the student names entered into the online application.
After submitting your application to enter the 2017 ASPIRE International Youth Music Festival, you have until the 30 April 2017 to finalise your application.
To ensure your application to enter the ASPIRE International Youth Music Festival is complete and ready for consideration, please provide the following:
- Application: a completed online application form
- Ensemble Photo: A recent high resolution photograph of your ensemble. Although we would ideally like to receive a performance photo, if this is not possible then please provide a group photo.
- School Crest: A copy of your school crest in jpeg format.
- Ensemble Biography: A maximum of 200 words for publication in the ASPIRE Festival Programme.
- A brief introduction/description of your school/college and its performance music program
- Your conductor/director and their background information
- Recent competitions entered and/or awards received
- Details of any recently completed national or international tours.